Wola Retro includes 3 harmoniously composed buildings – one built in the 1930s, to be adapted as an office-service facility, and 2 brand new office buildings towering over and merged with the historical surroundings.
CURRENTLY TO LET:
Building of 1939:
- Rack structure
- Height: 4 storeys
- Underground storey
- Leasable space: 6 620 m2
- Available space: 2 542 m2
Newly designed buildings:
- A-class buildings
- Height: 9 and 14 storeys
- Number of underground storeys: 2
- Leasable space: 17 880 m2
- Available space: 916 m2
Possibility to combine the new building with the historical building and to obtain the total leasable space of approximately 3 300 m2 at one storey. The total area of the plot with buildings: 6 867 m2
Planned delivery: Q3 2019
Tradition and modernity
There are places that bring together – people, ages, the best architectural ideas. Wola Retro is one of them. This magnificent office building built in the very centre of the Warsaw Wola is a combination of 2 new buildings with an already existing modernist building from the 1930s.
Fusion of the pre- and post-war architecture makes this investment remarkable. It shows that the business part of Wola may continue the extraordinary urban tradition. We have grown up to think comprehensively. We modernize an old building and fit the design of the new buildings in the existing urban tissue.
Two new office buildings – with 9 and 14 storeys – will be towering the whole complex. Inspiration for the newly designed part of the office facility came from excavation walls in quarries. Imagination of the architects was boosted with their diversification, three-dimensionality of the facade and repeatability of the components referring to the existing modernist building.
The authors of the design are architects from APA Kuryłowicz & Associates: prof. dr. hab. Ewa Kuryłowicz and Piotr Żabicki, Jakub Lewkowicz and Agnieszka Piotrowska. Realizations of the architectural office of Kuryłowicz & Associates were awarded numerous prizes in Poland and abroad.
We know the history of the Warsaw Wola and we appreciate designs of the modernistic buildings. The already existing building is the essence of simplicity and elegance.
The design was created by a duet of Polish architects: Bohdan Lachert and Józef Szanajca. The were a perfect tandem. Developing their own style, they managed to spread modernistic ideas. Their achievements from the interwar period have historical meaning for Poland that was modernized in those times.
The facility was built in 1939. It was put into service with office and warehouse function and was named ‘Centre for Catering for Social Insurance Institutions’. Its rounded gable walls characteristic for the age of their building and concrete roof in a form of cradles create great surroundings for the new facades.
In 2012 the building was registered in the municipal register of monuments. In line with the provisions of the local spatial development plan it is allowed to restructure and expand the structure of the building.
The investment is located in Wola, in its dynamically developing part, at the corner of Skierniewicka and Siedmiogrodzka streets, between Kasprzaka and Wolska streets, between 2 metro stations. Comfortable distance from communication hubs and main roads allows reaching any part of the city from our office building in a fast and comfortable manner.
Outstanding features of the location:
- proximity to numerous tram stops (10, 11, 26, 27) and bus stops (E‑5, 102, 105, 109, 155, 178)
- 5-minute walking distance from the nearest metro station „Rondo Daszyńskiego”
- approximately 150 meters from the building – newly built metro station „Płocka”
- easy car access to the city centre, Chopin Airport, A2 motorway, towns nearby Warsaw
- proximity of restaurants and service points
- in the neighbourhood – newly built housing investments that guarantee infrastructural development.
Wola Retro is an office complex equipped with numerous modern solutions. The design gives large freedom as to arrangement of the space.
- Large area of the 1st floor (around 3 300 m2 – possible combination of the new building with the existing one (floors 2 and 3)
- Low ratio of shared areas (4.9 %)
- Open patio (courtyard)
- Ground floor: service-commercial space
- 24/7 reception service with CCTV
- Two independent source of power supply
- Possibility to provide emergency source of power supply
- Full air-conditioning and mechanical ventilation steered from BMS
- Parking spaces at the ground floor for external clients
- High-speed track lifts
- Electrical wiring
- Tilt windows
- Elevated floors
- Suspended ceilings
- Carpet lining
- Modern solutions influencing reduction of maintenance costs, including:
- BMS air-conditioning management
- Parking spaces for bicycles, mopeds and motorbikes, as well as dressing rooms and showers for cyclists
- Number of parking spaces at 2 underground storeys: 308
Wola Retro is a unique venture of the Develia Group. The group comprises Develia S.A. and numerous subsidiaries.
Develia S.A. is a listed company, established in 2006 and one of the leaders in the construction development industry in Poland. The company’s investments are located in the largest Polish cities: Gdańsk, Kraków, Katowice, Łódź, Warsaw and Wrocław.
The portfolio of Develia S.A. every year grows bigger, richer and more diversified. Investments realized include office and housing facilities, as well as shopping centres. We are modern, we deliver high-class office building to the Polish market.